Re: rdf:List

From: Jos De_Roo <jos.deroo@agfa.com>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 16:28:10 +0200
To: "Jeremy Carroll <jjc" <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Cc: www-webont-wg@w3.org, www-webont-wg-request@w3.org

An experience that we implemented is that we create a
_:x rdf:type rdf:List.
triple when we load a
_:x rdf:rest _:y.
triple.

-- ,

                    Jeremy Carroll
                    <jjc@hpl.hp.com>         To:     www-webont-wg@w3.org
                    Sent by:                 cc:
                    www-webont-wg-requ       Subject:     rdf:List
                    est@w3.org

                    2003-05-02 10:08
                    PM

The RDF Core group is discussing a late last call comment from a developer
which proposes that triples of the form
_:x rdf:type rdf:List .
should not be produced by the
  rdf:parseType="Collection"
construct, but that it should only produce rdf:first and rdf:rest triples.
[1][2]

I and Dave Beckett have opposed, on the grounds this construct was put in
for
OWL, (based on daml:collection) and this is what webont asked for.

Peter, at my invitation, has indicated he would oppose this change. [3]

However, RDF Core is deadlocked, so I have indicated that I am willing to
shift my oppose to an abstain if I do not get strong support from WebOnt
before the next RDF Core meeting (Friday 9th).

Comments?

Jeremy

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#timbl-03
[2]