W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > September 2002

ADMIN: Agenda/Logistics Sept 12 Telecon

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 21:18:15 -0400
Message-Id: <p05111728b9a59b377be0@[10.0.0.17]>
To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
September 12, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London

Duration: 90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION

To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair:  Jim Hendler
Scribe: Jeremy Carroll

1) ADMIN (10 min)

1.1 Roll call

Regrets: Connolly, see archives for others

1.2 Minutes previous meeting

PROPOSED to accept revise minutes of the Aug 29 telecon:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0059.html
PROPOSED to accept minutes of the Sept 5 telecon:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0104.html

1.3 Next telecon

- Sep 19, per regular schedule
- Scirbe for Sep 19 is solicited

1.4 Upcoming ftf meetings

Bristol ftf4 update (Jeremy):
http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/jjc/webont/webontOct.html

Update on ftf5 (Ian)

1.5 Press Release for post-f2f4 documents?  (Hendler)


2) ACTION review: (10 min)

ACTION Larry Eshelman to contribute example to how-to-do-it doc

ACTION: Hendler produce test for issue 4.2
CONTINUED.

ACTION: Guus to update UML document to reflect new Owl Lite

ACTION: Chairs to find an editor or process to produce the RDF/RDFS/OWL
Lite/OWL comparison/discussion document. JimH to inform SW-CG this is
being considered.

ACTION: DanC will hold email vote on location of ftf5: Manchester or
NY. One vote per org. seven days to respond

ACTION: Mike Smith to distribute draft walkthru by Sep 4

ACTION: Mike Dean will be doing the comparison document.

ACTION: Revision of Aug. 29 minutes to  be done by Tim Finin by next
week and to be resolved next week.

ACTION: Ian Horrocks will look at alternate arrangements for vtc (in
Manchester for F2F5).

 From 3.1, Issue 4.4:
ACTION: Mike Dean: will document how he's using RDF statement tags, and
how to solve this.
Does his solution satisfy the requirements in the requirements document?

 From 3.1, Issues 5.6, 5.14:
ACTION: Proposal by J. Heflin to couple 5.6 and 5.14, and will be
separate section in reference document

 From 3.2, Issue 5.1:
ACTION: Frank will come up with some more use cases (ontology merging).
ACTION: Ian to make a suggestion on how to solve this, adding properties
to data values
ACTION: Dan to elaborate his use cases/requirements on this. 

 From 3.2, Issue 5.19:
ACTION: Pat and Jeremy to create this as an issue and create a sketch of
an idea, by next Tuesday.
ACTION: Peter: the status quo meets the requirement: give the same name
to a class and an instance. Show the mechanism or point to a use case to
the old discussion.

3.3 Issue 5.3:
ACTION: by COB Monday, Pat to complete first document  (and Peter and
Pat to discuss this on phone to next telecon). Ian will send comments to
Peter and Pat.
ACTION: Pat will send out (Great Horned Owl) document by next telecon.

3) Guide Document (Mike Smith) 15 min
Discussion of Status/Options for:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0089.html

4) Test Document (Jeremy) 10 min
Chairs ask Jeremy to edit the test document
Proposal based on
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0081.html

5) Presentation of Proposed Resolutions/Discussion for Issues (30 min)

5a)  Proposed resolution (Heflin)
ISSUE 5.6 - daml:imports as magic syntax 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.6-daml:imports-as-magic-syntax
Proposed solution:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0089.html

5b) Proposed Resolution (Heflin)
ISSUE 5.14 - Ontology versioning
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.14-Ontology-versioning
Proposed solution:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0090.html
6) Continuation of Ongoing Issues

6a - Embedding Approach to Layering
Does Pat/Peter Embedding Approach solve 5.3 - Semantic Layering
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.3-Semantic-Layering

6c - Classes as Instances
How will we resolve  issue 5.19 and address this requirement from our 
requirements document?
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.19-Classes-as-instances

6b - Uniform treatment of literal/data values
Do we need
Can we work out a solution to issue 5.1 that allows inverseFunctional 
of data types? 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.1-Uniform-treatment-of-literal-data-values

7) AOB (5 min)
-- 
Professor James Hendler				  hendler@cs.umd.edu
Director, Semantic Web and Agent Technologies	  301-405-2696
Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab.	  301-405-6707 (Fax)
Univ of Maryland, College Park, MD 20742	  240-731-3822 (Cell)
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/hendler
Received on Wednesday, 11 September 2002 21:18:22 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:52 GMT