W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > September 2002

WOWG: agenda (revised) Sep 5 telecon

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 12:14:37 +0200
Message-ID: <3D772E8D.1040903@swi.psy.uva.nl>
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

[Revised version, added discussion on Pat's MT doc to item 3.3]

WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
September 5, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London

Duration: 90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION

To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: Leo Obrst


1) ADMIN (15 min)

1.1 Roll call

Regrest: Borden, Motta, Sabbouh, Volz

1.2 Minutes previous meeting

PROPOSED to accept as minutes of the Aug 29 telecon:
http://www.w3.org/2002/08/29-webont-irc

[NB this link will probably be replaced by a message from Tim, with a
link to this log]

1.3 Next telecon

- Sep 12, per regular schedule
- Scibe for Sep 12 is solicited

1.4 Upcoming ftf meetings

Bristol ftf update (Jeremy):
http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/jjc/webont/webontOct.html

Resolution on location of ftf5 (will be held on Jan 9-10 only if needed) 
based on results of vote (Dan):
http://www.w3.org/2000/11/msm/showv.php3?wgid=30310&qno=ftf5v


2) ACTION review: (5 min)

ACTION Larry Eshelman to contribute example to how-to-do-it doc

ACTION: Hendler produce test for issue 4.2

ACTION: Guus to update UML document to reflect new Owl Lite

ACTION: Chairs to find an editor or process to produce the RDF/RDFS/OWL
Lite/OWL comparison/discussion document. JimH to inform SW-CG this is
being considered.

ACTION: DanC will hold email vote on location of ftf5: Manchester or
NY. One vote per org. seven days to respond

ACTION: Mike Smith to distribute draft walkthru by Sep 4


3) ISSUES (25-30 min)

3.1 Issues w.r.t additional language features

- short discussion on how to proceed
- if possible, assignment of issue owners

ISSUE 4.4 Extra-logical feature set
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I4.4-Extra-logical-feature-set

ISSUE 5.6 daml:imorts as magical syntax
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.6-daml:imports-as-magic-syntax

ISSUE 5.14 ontology versioning
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.14-Ontology-versioning


3.2 ISSUES 5.1 & 5.19

- short discussion on possible actions to move forward
See also message by chairs:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0008.html

ISSUE 5.1: Uniform treatment of literal/data values
    [The DAML+OIL distinction between object- and datatypeproperties
    prevents use of e.g.   FunctionalProperty for datatype-properties]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.1-Uniform-treatment-of-literal-data-values

    ISSUE 5.19: Classes as instances
    [Requirement 14; several use cases, RDF feature, but not clear how OWL
    can support this. Also termed: "classes/properties should be in the
    domain of discourse" ]
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.19-Classes-as-instances

3.3 ISSUE 5.3 Semantic layering

- discussion on Pat's revised MT doc
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Aug/0236.html

- short discussion on the required priority of the "dark-triple"
request to RDF Core

This request cam from discusion on issue 5.3:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.3-Semantic-Layering

4 ) GUIDE (10-15 min: Mike S & others)

- short discussion on first version walkthru (link to follow)
- actions for document completion
- release plan for other GUIDE docs (which ones should be ready by LC?)

5) Comments on WDs (10-15 min, editors)

Summary and short discussion on comments receibed sofar on the three
WDs.


6) AOB (0-5 min)
Received on Thursday, 5 September 2002 06:19:07 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:52 GMT