W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > September 2002

Re: WOWG: agenda (revised) Sep 5 telecon

From: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 09:07:31 -0400
Message-ID: <3D775713.EB8BDCD9@cse.lehigh.edu>
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
CC: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

Possible regrets from me. I am working from home while awaiting
furniture to be delivered. I will attempt to call in, but with my luck,
the delivery people will show up when the telecon starts or in the
middle of it. 

If I am not able to make the call, I volunteer to be the owner of issues
5.6 and/or 5.14 (imports and ontology versioning). I have already
started working on these issues and believe that there is some
relationship between them.

Jeff


Guus Schreiber wrote:
> 
> [Revised version, added discussion on Pat's MT doc to item 3.3]
> 
> WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
> AGENDA/LOGISTICS
> September 5, 2002
> 
> 1200 US East Coast
> 0900 US West Coast
> 1700 London
> 
> Duration: 90 minutes
> 
> PHONE INFORMATION
> 
> To use Zakim:
> Dial +1.617.761.6200
> At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
> enter 9326#.
> Note: When you join the telecon please state your name
> 
> CHAT INFO
> Simultaneous IRC Chat
> irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
> #webont
> 
> Chair: Guus Schreiber
> Scribe: Leo Obrst
> 
> 1) ADMIN (15 min)
> 
> 1.1 Roll call
> 
> Regrest: Borden, Motta, Sabbouh, Volz
> 
> 1.2 Minutes previous meeting
> 
> PROPOSED to accept as minutes of the Aug 29 telecon:
> http://www.w3.org/2002/08/29-webont-irc
> 
> [NB this link will probably be replaced by a message from Tim, with a
> link to this log]
> 
> 1.3 Next telecon
> 
> - Sep 12, per regular schedule
> - Scibe for Sep 12 is solicited
> 
> 1.4 Upcoming ftf meetings
> 
> Bristol ftf update (Jeremy):
> http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/jjc/webont/webontOct.html
> 
> Resolution on location of ftf5 (will be held on Jan 9-10 only if needed)
> based on results of vote (Dan):
> http://www.w3.org/2000/11/msm/showv.php3?wgid=30310&qno=ftf5v
> 
> 2) ACTION review: (5 min)
> 
> ACTION Larry Eshelman to contribute example to how-to-do-it doc
> 
> ACTION: Hendler produce test for issue 4.2
> 
> ACTION: Guus to update UML document to reflect new Owl Lite
> 
> ACTION: Chairs to find an editor or process to produce the RDF/RDFS/OWL
> Lite/OWL comparison/discussion document. JimH to inform SW-CG this is
> being considered.
> 
> ACTION: DanC will hold email vote on location of ftf5: Manchester or
> NY. One vote per org. seven days to respond
> 
> ACTION: Mike Smith to distribute draft walkthru by Sep 4
> 
> 3) ISSUES (25-30 min)
> 
> 3.1 Issues w.r.t additional language features
> 
> - short discussion on how to proceed
> - if possible, assignment of issue owners
> 
> ISSUE 4.4 Extra-logical feature set
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I4.4-Extra-logical-feature-set
> 
> ISSUE 5.6 daml:imorts as magical syntax
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.6-daml:imports-as-magic-syntax
> 
> ISSUE 5.14 ontology versioning
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.14-Ontology-versioning
> 
> 3.2 ISSUES 5.1 & 5.19
> 
> - short discussion on possible actions to move forward
> See also message by chairs:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0008.html
> 
> ISSUE 5.1: Uniform treatment of literal/data values
>     [The DAML+OIL distinction between object- and datatypeproperties
>     prevents use of e.g.   FunctionalProperty for datatype-properties]
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.1-Uniform-treatment-of-literal-data-values
> 
>     ISSUE 5.19: Classes as instances
>     [Requirement 14; several use cases, RDF feature, but not clear how OWL
>     can support this. Also termed: "classes/properties should be in the
>     domain of discourse" ]
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.19-Classes-as-instances
> 
> 3.3 ISSUE 5.3 Semantic layering
> 
> - discussion on Pat's revised MT doc
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Aug/0236.html
> 
> - short discussion on the required priority of the "dark-triple"
> request to RDF Core
> 
> This request cam from discusion on issue 5.3:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.3-Semantic-Layering
> 
> 4 ) GUIDE (10-15 min: Mike S & others)
> 
> - short discussion on first version walkthru (link to follow)
> - actions for document completion
> - release plan for other GUIDE docs (which ones should be ready by LC?)
> 
> 5) Comments on WDs (10-15 min, editors)
> 
> Summary and short discussion on comments receibed sofar on the three
> WDs.
> 
> 6) AOB (0-5 min)
Received on Thursday, 5 September 2002 09:08:10 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:52 GMT