W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > October 2002

Re: WOWG: agenda Oct 24 telecon

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: 23 Oct 2002 12:19:47 -0500
To: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Cc: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1035393587.9851.7310.camel@dirk>

I suggest reviewing actions in the context of relevant
issues and agenda items...

So I suggest ammending/reorganizing the agenda as follows:


On Wed, 2002-10-23 at 09:58, Guus Schreiber wrote:
> 
> WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
> AGENDA/LOGISTICS
> October 24, 2002
> 
> 1200 US East Coast
> 0900 US West Coast
> 1700 London
> 
> Duration: 75-90 minutes
> 
> PHONE INFORMATION
> To use Zakim:
> Dial +1.617.761.6200
> At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
> enter 9326#.
> Note: When you join the telecon please state your name
> 
> CHAT INFO
> Simultaneous IRC Chat
> irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
> #webont
> 
> Chair: Schreiber
> Scribe: <please volunteer>
> 
> 
> 1) ADMIN (15 min)
> 
> 
> 1.1 Roll call
> 
> Regrets: Hendler, van Harmelen, Hellman
> See list archive for regrets within last 24 hours before telecon.
> 
> 
> 1.2 Minutes previous telecon
> 
> Proposal to accept as a true record of the Oct 17 telcon:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0118.html
> including amendment sent by Wallace (regrets).
> 
> 
> 1.3 Agenda amendments
> 
> 
> 1.4 Fft record
> 
> Proposal to accept the follwing as a true record of the face-to-face
> meeting in Bristol, Oct 7-8:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/ftf4

(crud; I'm not quite finished with that... hope to get to it today.)

> ACTION Volz: send OWL Lite in Datalog to W3C for the meeting record
>    (Clarification: the presentation materials not just the paper.)



> 1.5 Telecon schedule
> 
> - next telecon: Oct 31 per regular schedule
> - scribe solicited for Oct 31
> - note that DST end in US and Europe on Oct 27, so time difference
>    with Japan increases by 1 hour.
> 
> 
> 1.6 Upcoming ftf meetings
> 
> - Manchester ftf will go though as provisionally planned, but is
>    likely to be focused on test and implementations
> 
> 
> 2) ACTION ITEM REVIEW (10-20 min)

At this point in the agenda, let's just confirm
that the following are completed, and take the 10-20
minutes and put it under items 3 (issues) and 4 (docs).

> ACTION: Jeremy send message showing how rdfs fits into liite/fast/large
>    layering

# Layering on RDFS Jeremy Carroll (Fri, Oct 18 2002)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0113.html

> ACTION Ian Horrocks: send www-webont-wg a brief description of
>    results of rules work on DAML.

# ACTION - rules work on DAML Ian Horrocks (Thu, Oct 17 2002) 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0109.html


Ah; I think we can withdraw this one:

> ACTION: Frank will come up with some more use cases (ontology merging).

this seems to be re Issue 5.1, discussed 10Sep.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0104.html

but issue 5.1 has since been closed.



> 3) ISSUES (20-30 min)

handy reference:
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html
16 Oct 2002


> 3.1 Issue 5.21 "Drop disjointUnionOf"
> 
> Issue description:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/webont-issues.html#I5.21-drop-disjointUnionOf

> ACTION: Peter to generate test case to show disjointUnionOf can be
>    rephrased w/existing constructs [and propose to close 5.21 by
>    removing disjointUnionOf]


> Proposal by Patel-Schneider to close this issue:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0120.html
> 


> 3.2 Brief review of pther open issues
> 
> - status, new issue owners
> 

4.3

> ACTION: DanC Write rationale for postponing 4.3.

(oops! sorry I didn't get to that yet; will try today...)


5.5

> ACTION Jeremy Carroll: will move issue 5.5 (List syntax or semantics) 
> forward

cf
# SEM: List's Jeremy Carroll (Fri, Oct 04 2002) 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0138.html


5.7

> ACTION Chairs: see if Ziv wishes to push Issue 5.7 (Range
>    restrictions should not be separate URIs) or Postpone


5.13
> ACTION Connolly: to move issue 5.13 Internet Media Type for OWL forward

(oops! another one for me...)


5.14 - Ontology versioning

> ACTION: Hayes - send e-mail opposing deprecation.

This seems to come from a 1Sep discussion
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Sep/0172.html

I can't find record of Hayes having sent the message,
but I don't know if it's relevant any longer. Perhaps
we should withdraw this? Pat? Jeff?


5.18

> ACTION Hendler: to move Issue 5.18 (support for unique names
>    assumption) forward



I5.19-Classes-as-instances

> ACTION Jeremy: to do test case for 5.19

cf
# Issue 5.19 Classes-as-instances Jeremy Carroll (Fri, Oct 18 2002)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0127.html


> ACTION Chairs: will ask Raphael if we want to bring this (5.19
>    Classes as Instances) forward

> ACTION: Frank work with Guus to formulate proposal close 
> classes-as-instances
>    incl lite/fast/large


> ACTION DebM: raise hasValue issue.


> 4) DOCUMENT STATUS REVIEW (15 min)

- naming

I think this merits discussion...

> ACTION Frank: collect suggestions for replacement name (for owl lite,
>    large, and fast)

# new names for OWL lite/fast/large Frank van Harmelen
(Fri, Oct 18 2002)
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0129.html

and following.

> - Test document (Carroll, de Roo)

> ACTION: Dan Connolly will fix 403 errors arising from the document.


> - Guide document (Smith et al.)

> ACTION MikeSmith Add indication that classes as instances are part of Large
>    OWL in Guide.

> ACTION: Thompson - to complete review guide
> ACTION: Obrst - to complete review guide.


> - Language documents:
>    * feature syniosis (McGuinness, van Harmelen)

> ACTION Deb M: publish synopsis

>    * reference (Dean)

> ACTION: Jeremy liase with Mike about updating the OWL RDFS namespace doc

> ACTION Mike Dean: update reference to remove constraint that
>    inversefunctional is objectproperty.

> ACTION: Mike to remove the sameXXX statements from owl reference

> ACTION MikeD catch ref up with issues, publish reference.


>    * abstract syntax (Patel-Schneider, Horrocks)
> - Semantics document (Hayes, Patel-Schneider)



> ACTION Peter Patel-Schneider/Pat Hayes: draft OWL semantics,
>    including the "2 technical bits" [should also address issues 4.6,
>    5.9, 5.22]


> ACTION Pat Hayes: be sure upcoming semantics draft addresses 5.22
> ACTION: 4.6 EquivalentTo - suggested that Peter and Pat look at it,
>    issue to remain OPEN

> ACTION JeremyC: produce test cases (for semantics)



> ACTION Dan Connolly: test case (stateCode)
> ACTION Jos DeRoo: test case (something about inverseFunctional properties and literals)
>    (two test case actions pending release of test WD - test area 
> temporarily
>    frozen)


> - Non-normative Appendices
>    * XML presentation syntax (Patel-Schneider)


> ACTION Peter Patel-Schneider: to move issue 5.17 XML presentation
>    syntax forward

>    * UML presentation syntax (Schreiber, Wallace)
> 
> 
> 5) AOB (0-5 min)
> 
> 
> -- 
> A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam
> http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html
-- 
Dan Connolly, W3C http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/
office: tel:+1-913-491-0501
mobile: mailto:connolly+pager@w3.org
Received on Wednesday, 23 October 2002 13:19:41 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:53 GMT