W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > November 2002

Re: scribe of 14th Novermber Telecon

From: <Dlmcg1@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 16:26:58 EST
Message-ID: <2d.268e3e97.2b056f22@aol.com>
To: connolly@w3.org, hendler@cs.umd.edu
CC: www-webont-wg@w3.org, dlm@ksl.stanford.edu
One update and one question.

update - I previously sent my regrets for this meeting due to the RKF PI 
meeting.  Thus, please add McGuinness to the list of people who sent regrets.

question - are there updates required to the features document from either 
today's telecon or last week's telecon?  (I was traveling for both meetings 
and missed them sorry).

thanks,
deborah
dlm@ksl.stanford.edu

In a message dated 11/14/2002 3:12:56 PM Eastern Standard Time, 
connolly@w3.org writes:

> On Thu, 2002-11-14 at 13:03, Jim Hendler wrote:
> >
> >At 7:34 PM +0100 11/14/02, <ruediger.klein@daimlerchrysler.com> wrote:
> >>From: <ruediger.klein@daimlerchrysler.com>
> >>To: <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
> >>Subject: scribe of 14th Novermber Telecon
> >>Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 19:34:30 +0100
> >>...
> >(Jim H gets log from Ruediger with request to fix some things and 
> >forward to WG)
> >
> >Ruediger -- I made a few amendments to your log below, including 
> >highlighting the ACTIONS and RESOLUTIONS to make it easier for future 
> >use of these docs.  I also added one or two other bullets about who 
> >said what.  All, please review to make sure Ruediger and I didn't 
> >misquote anyone
> 
> I see one or two important bits missing...
> 
> >  -Jim H
> >
> >
> >W3C WOWG Telecon 14.11.2002
> >---------------------------
> >
> >Chair: JimH
> >Scribe: Ruediger Klein
> >
> >Participants:
> >
> >listed in Irc log to be forwarded in separate message
> 
> JonathanD, Pfps, Ora, DanC, JeffH, LarryE, NickG, RudigerK, M_Smith,
> JohnS, Evan_Wallace, HermanT, JeromeE, Jim_Hendler, IanH, Massimo,
> ChrisW, JeremyC, Guus, Marwan, JonathanB
> per http://www.w3.org/2002/11/14-webont-irc
> 
> (I think maybe Obrst was present)
> 
> >Regrets:
> >
> >Recorded in WOWG mailing list archives.
> 
> Thompson, Miller, Obrst, Stein, De Roo, Dean, 
> 
> (found that by searching for "regrets" and sorting
> newest-first)
> http://www.w3.org/Search/Mail/Public/advanced_search?keywords=regrets&
> hdr-1-name=subject&hdr-1-query=&hdr-2-name=from&hdr-2-query=&
> hdr-3-name=message-id&hdr-3-query=&resultsperpage=20&sortby=date&
> index-grp=Public%2FFULL&index-type=t&type-index=www-webont-wg
> 
> 
> >1. Approval of last weeks Telecon
> >---------------------------------
> >Minutes approved
> i.e.
> 
> Message-Id: <p05111701b9f77e611ef3@[10.0.1.2]>
> Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2002 22:58:59 -0500
> To: webont <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
> From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
> Subject: Fwd: Minutes  of 11/07 WebOnt Telecon
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0157.html
> 
> 
> 1.3 Agenda Amendments
> 
> Hendler proposed
> 
> Message-Id: <p05111708b9f8cad080aa@[10.0.1.2]>
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0183.html
> 
> connolly asked to discuss last call and liaisons;
> JimH put it under 2.0.
> 
> 
> >Telecon on Nov 21 
> >No telecon on Nov 28 - US holiday of Thanksgiving
> >(regrets for next week from DanC and Massimo)
> 
> and from Leo Obrst, due to an OMG event.
> 
> 
> >Scribe: JimH
> >Chair: Guus
> >
> >1.5 F2F Meeting in January
> >--------------------------
> >Ian Horrocks will contact the Travel Inn Hotel for special rate and 
> >room reservations
> >(the hotel is about 10 min. walk from the meeting place)
> >
> >2. WOWG Extension
> >-----------------
> >IMPORTANT
> >
> >Group members should contact their W3C representatives in the case 
> >they will encounter any resource problems
> >due to the extension
> 
> The call for review was linked from the agenda, but here
> it is again:
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-ac-members/2002OctDec/0031.html
> 
> 
> >dependencies to be taken into account:
> >OMG 
> >FIPA
> >DARPA DAML
> >RDF Core WG 
> >Web Services description
> 
> That list comes from the schedule on our WG home page:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/#L151 , and it's
> subject to negotiation.
> 
> Connolly emphasized that last call does NOT mean "ok,
> now start reading." Now is the time
> to get related groups to read the specs and send
> comments. Last call is the time to ask "have we
> integrated the comments you've given us to your
> satisfaction?"
> 
> >ACTION: Jim H to contact Web Services Desc. about this.
> >
> >3. Documents
> >---------------------
> >
> >Working drafts of all documents available now:
> >Semantics Document Published
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-semantics/
> >Guide Document Published
> >http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/
> 
> WOOHOO! ahem...
> 
> I think Massimo said the reference should go out
> soon too.
> 
> >4. Issues List
> >--------------
> >
> >Evan's  "the meaning of owl:ontology"
> >Decision that this does not need to be an Issue.   Chris Welty will 
> >work on getting it explained better in Guide, other editors will see 
> >if their documents need changing (not obvious they do).
> 
> ACTION: Chris Welty will 
> work on getting it [ explained better in Guide, other editors will see 
> if their documents need changing (not obvious they do).
> 
> 
> >
> >= Issue 5.5 - List Syntax or Semantics (Updates Action, needs closure?)
> >Jeremy's message plus follow-up:
> >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0203.html
> >list syntax or semantics in RDF CORE
> >RESOLVED:  close this issue, based on the RDF and OWL semantics documents
> 
> Jeremy's proposal regarded these particular documents.
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-owl-semantics-20021108/
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-mt-20021112/
> 
> 
> >ACTION: Jeremy to generate test Cases
> >
> >= Issue 5.6 - imports (Action review, decision whether to put to vote)
> >(Guus chairs the discussion about this issue)
> >[long confusing discussion about x proposals from JimH, Jeff, Dan...]
> >Straw Polls reveal more support for Jeff's proposal of Nov 1
> 
> i.e.
> 
> Message-ID: <3DC2A209.BA25D98F@cse.lehigh.edu>
> Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:47:21 -0500
> From: Jeff Heflin <heflin@cse.lehigh.edu>
> To: "Peter F. Patel-Schneider" <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
> CC: www-webont-wg@w3.org
> Subject: Re: LANG: need to CLOSE Issue 5.6 Imports as magic syntax
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Nov/0004.html
> 
> 
> >then for 
> >any other currently available.
> >Question is called by Chair
> >
> >Vote on Jeff's proposal (IRC message # ...) "owl:imports as magic syntax":
> >RESOLVED: to close owl:imports as per Jeff's memo of Nov 1, rejecting 
> >Pat's suggestions to change it.
> >OBJECTIONS: Connolly, Welty, JimH
> >abstain: Bordan, Marvan, Jonathan, Ruediger
> >noted that Pat Hayes raised objections in email.
> >
> >ACTION Jeff Heflin will produce test cases for owl:imports
> 
> Jeremy noted some related outstanding action; any idea
> what that was, Jeremy?
> 
> >= Issue 5.9 - malformed D+O restrictions
> >
> >(Closed, pending action)
> >Dan would like to amend the proposal with some clear instructions to the
> >guide that says "Don't do that".  Dan was actioned to write up a few
> >sentences for the guide.
> >ACTION: DanC to proivde wording - continued
> >
> >= Issue 5.19 - Classes as Instances
> >
> >[DISCUSSION OF THIS ISSUE POSTPONED FROM LAST TIME]
> >
> >was completed (Guus and Frank): to move the issue forward and write 
> >up 1-d and 2-d views to make
> >clearer to users .
> >http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Oct/0310.html
> >
> >ACTION: Guus will write proposed wording changes for GUIDE and will 
> >write a message proposing the official closing of this issue.
> >
> >= Issue 4.3 - Structured Datatypes
> >postponed to next week
> >ACTION: Jeremy will have a closer look into the RDF documents about this 
> issue
> >
> >= Issue 5.17 - XML and UML presentation syntax
> >Some feeling from WG that these should not be Notes, that they should 
> >be non-normative appendices or otherwise included in our docs = Jon B 
> >points out it is very useful to tell people there are XML and UML 
> >version of our language in our docs.  Peter (?) suggests maybe these 
> >can go in a single document.
> >
> >chairs and team contact will think about how to proceed.
> >
> >Remainder of issues postponed till next call.
> >
> >AOB - none.
> >Adjourned
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> 
Received on Thursday, 14 November 2002 16:27:09 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:55 GMT