Re: ADMIN: pointers to useful WebOnt information from the WebOnt home page

On Wed, 2002-05-22 at 06:31, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
> I would find it very useful to have pointers to useful administrative, and
> other, WebOnt information directly on the home page.

Of course.

I presume you mean this page, by the way:

  W3C Web Ontology (WebOnt) Working Group
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/

>   Digging through
> email for such information is time-consuming.

Yes, when I have to dig thru stuff in preparation for a telcon,
I try to link it from the home page and save other folks the
trouble. I don't guarantee to do that every week, though.

I expect JimH does likewise.

We haven't worked out the technical issues that would let
Guus do likewise.

> The sorts of things I would appreciate having direct links to are:
>
> - a document on how to raise/open/resolve/discuss issues  (The issues list
>   has the raising part (at the end) but not the rest of it.)

This seems like a request to add "the rest of it" to the issues list.
Mike, care to add a few words?
  - the chair opens issues, usually assigning an owner while he's at it
  - discussion is only in order for open issues
  - issues are resolved by decision of the WG; the chair
	decides when the WG is ready to decide, usually

Or shall I do it?

> - a document on the various email subject tags that WebOnt has agreed on,
>   and their (evolving) meaning

Yes, that would be handy. I tried to find record of such a decision
once, I think; no joy.

I don't see any critical need that the tags serve, so I'm content
with the (somewhat messy) status quo.

> - a document on how to put items in the next telecon agenda

I'm not sure what you mean. Anybody can suggest telcon agenda
items, but there's no guaranteed way for anybody but the
chair to put something on the agenda.

There comes a point when folks start trying to use documentation
in place of common sense and trust. Let's not go there.

> - pointers to documents under discussion (such as the compliance level 1
>   document, the OWL features document, and the DTTF document)

OK; I'll hunt for those. If you want to be sure I find the ones
you're talking about, pls provide URIs (and titles/dates/authors).

>  (Which
>   documents?  I would think that any document that has been sent to the
>   group and that has received or is expected to receive significant
>   discussion would qualify.

Yes, I try to link anything that the whole group is expected
to deal with in some way.

>  Those that are expected to become WDs would be
>   in a separate area.)

Umm... not sure what you mean by that. A new area?