W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > March 2002

ADMIN: Minutes from Teleconf, 14 Mar 2002 (Review)

From: Smith, Michael K <michael.smith@eds.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 13:38:08 -0600
Message-ID: <B8E84F4D9F65D411803500508BE322140C711A2F@USPLM207>
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>
Minutes of the WebOnt teleconf on 14 Mar 2002, 18.00 - 19.30 CET.

Chair : Guus Schreiber
Scribe: Michael.Smith@eds.com

AGENDA at
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Mar/0154.html

ROLL CALL:

PRESENT: David Trastour, Dieter Fensel, Dan Connolly, Enrico Motta,
Evan Wallace, Frank van Harmelen, Guus Schreiber, Herman ter Horst,
Ian Horrocks, Jeff Heflin, Jeremy Carroll, John Stanton, Jonathan
Borden, Jonathan Dale, Jos De Roo, Larry Eshelman, Lynn Andrea Stein,
Lynne R. Thompson, Marwan Sabbouh, Michael Smith (scribe), Mike Dean,
Nicholas Gibbins, Pat Hayes, Peter Patel-Schneider, Raphael Volz,
Ruediger Klein, Stefan Decker, Tim Finin, Ziv Hellman

REGRETS: Deborah McGuinness, James Hendler, Laurent Olivry, Leo Obrst,
Libby Miller, Said Tabet, Stephen Buswell

ABSENT: Einar Breen, Francesco Iannuzzelli, Martin Pike, Oisen Hurley,
Ora Lassila, Shimizu Noboru

----------------------------------------
AGENDA ITEM 1) Join call/attendance/admin

NOTE: changed IRC channel to irc.w3.org, port 6665]

ACTION ITEM REVIEW

ACTION Chairs: fix errors ftf schedule on group home page.
DONE by Dan Connolly.

ACTION ALL: register for A'dam F2F meeting (also in case of regrets)
at http://www.w3c.nl/WGs/webont.html

 Guus Schrieber - 22 Participants 7 Regrets. Urgent to sign up. 
 Frank van Harmelen - Pressure on hotel space.  URGENT that you sign up now.

ACTION ALL: register interest in focus groups:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Feb/0250.html
Only 3-4 have not done so.
DONE

ACTION (March 21): Frank van Harmelen: initial proposal for frame part of
language 
Next Telecom

Discussion of the following moved to AGENDA ITEM 4.

 ACTION (Mar 14) Dan Connolly : produce several tests in DAML+OIL syntax
 ACTION (Mar 14) Jos De Roo, Ian Horrocks, Deborah McGuinness, Tim Finin:
run these tests
 ACTION (Mar 14) Jeremy Carroll: look up different test suites and
categorize
 ACTION (Mar 14) Guus Schreiber: turn CM examples into tests
 ACTION (Mar 14) John Stanton: report back on different kinds of tests (very
short) 

----------------------------------------
AGENDA ITEM 2) Semantics (Patel-Schneider, 25 min)

See message Peter Patel-Schneider:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Mar/0153.html

Topics:
 - status report on issues wrt. semantics
 - Q&A session

Discussion of this topic occupied most of the call.  

ACTION: Peter Patel-Schneider to develop list of conditions on
semantics of the language (in a cohesive form.).  Input requested from
anyone.

ACTION: Pat Hayes will do the same.

----------------------------------------
AGENDA ITEM 3) Guidelines (10 min)
- inventory of examples to work on

ACTION: LEFT UNTIL NEXT WEEK.

----------------------------------------
AGENDA ITEM 4) Test (10 min.)

- progress on action items for test area

ACTION (Mar 14) Dan Connolly : produce several tests in DAML+OIL syntax
DONE.

ACTION (Mar 14) Run these tests
Jos De Roo,         DONE. 
Ian Horrocks,       Was not able to run. Problem with test case (see msg.)
                    Used 'unambiguous' property.
                    Dan - no it doesn't.  Ian - should work.
Deborah McGuinness, <<Unknown>>
Tim Finin:          <<Unknown>>

Stephen Decker requested that we include Triple in attempts to
evaluate test cases.

Discussion of what namespace to use in these tests.  One suggestion
(Dan C.) was to use example.org.

ACTION (Mar 14) Jeremy Carroll: look up different test suites and categorize
DONE.

ACTION (Mar 14) Guus Schreiber: turn CM examples into tests
OPEN.

ACTION (Mar 14) John Stanton: report back on different kinds of tests (very
short) 
OPEN.

----------------------------------------
AGENDA ITEM 5) Language (10 min.)
- actions on examples of language use
- input for frame idiom

ACTION: LEFT UNTIL NEXT WEEK.

----------------------------------------
AGENDA ITEM 6) AOB

- Scribe - No volunteers.
- Adjourned.
Received on Thursday, 14 March 2002 14:38:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:48 GMT