Re: LANG: frame paradigm

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2002 17:46:56 +0100
To: Frank van Harmelen <Frank.van.Harmelen@cs.vu.nl>
CC: www-webont-wg@w3.org
I think we should consider the UML class model also as background
reference.

UML class (various books, incomplete listing of features)
- subclass relation
- disjointness, completeness (through constraints)
- attributes (datatype properties) and relations (object properties)
- cardinality constraints for attributes and relations
- default values for attributes
- class-scoped attributes (same for every member of class)
- part-whole relations between classes (strong=composition,
weak=agrregation)
- abstract vs. concrete class, root and leaf class
- tagging through stereotypes and tags

Guus

--
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam, Roetersstraat 15
NL-1018 WB Amsterdam, The Netherlands, Tel: +31 20 525 6793