W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > July 2002

AGENDA: telecon July 18

From: Guus Schreiber <schreiber@swi.psy.uva.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 16:49:28 +0200
Message-ID: <3D3583F8.7050508@swi.psy.uva.nl>
To: WebOnt WG <www-webont-wg@w3.org>

[Done in a rush, small amendments may follow]

WEB ONTOLOGY WORKING GROUP
AGENDA/LOGISTICS
July 18, 2002

1200 US East Coast
0900 US West Coast
1700 London

Duration: 60-90 minutes

PHONE INFORMATION

To use Zakim:
Dial +1.617.761.6200
At the "enter your passcode followed by the pound key" message,
enter 9326#.
Note: When you join the telecon please state your name

CHAT INFO
Simultaneous IRC Chat
irc:irc.w3.org (port 6665)
#webont

Chair: Guus Schreiber
Scribe: please volunteer


1) ADMIN (15 min)


1.1) Roll call

Regrets: van Harmelen, Volz, Miller, Dale, Klein, Finin

1.2) Minutes July 11 telecon

PROPOSED to accept the following as a true record:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0091.html

1.3) F2f meeting record

Proposed to accept the following as a true record:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0038.html

1.4) Agenda amendments


1.5) Next telecon

- 25 July, per regular schedule.
- scribe volunteer is solicited;

1.6) FTF schedule

- Bristol prep
- meeting dates / location 5th ftf


2) ACTION ITEM REVIEW (chair, 10 min)


[For document-related actions, see agenda iten 4]

ACTION DanC to raise an issue wrt rdfs:subclassof and
owl:subclassoff

ACTION Connoly to get the OK'd for the OWL URI by the W3C
webmaster/director;

ACTION Pat will attempt to take abstract syntax, and Peter's MT and
the mapping into RDF and will write a model theory in the Connolly
style (i.e. as an extension to RDF MT) and see if he can identify
the exact issues. Target deadline: three weeks (July 25).

ACTION Guus will generate a structure in which the examples should
appear by July 11. This will also include one example.
Evan Wallace and Larry Eshelman: contribute examples

ACTION Evan will writeup a description of a recent OMG meeting that
concerned UML and OWL, and the process he is running at OMG, and
will post that to the WG.

ACTION (Deb) write up an issue with respect to the unique names
assumption requirement
DONE

ACTION  Jim will work with Mike Dean to see if DAML Validator can
become OWL validator

ACTION  (all): send to WebOnt mailing list a short
description of the tools you have available.
or that you will use to help tools.

ACTION  (Raphael): will make a large ontology available to test
readers.

ACTION Hendler produce test for issue 4.2

ACTION ChrisW to propose resolution of 3.4 and 4.1

ACTION Patel-Schneider find example illustratin computational 
difficulties in
having both datatypes and objects in integrated domain.
DONE

ACTION connolly point to use case for having datatypes and obejct 
property in
integrated domain

ACTION: hayes review abstract syntax

ACTION: connolly review abstract syntax

ACTION: ter Horst review abstract syntax
DONE


3) DOCUMENTS (editors, 45-60 min)


3.1) OWL Features synopsis

version 10 Jul:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0040.html
comments from PeterPS:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0089.html

ACTION DebM: in 2.2, 2.2, 3.1, 3.2 use a distinctive font for terms
in the language and conventional capitalization

ACTION Deb: clarify that owl: is the default, note when names come
from RDFS

ACTION DebM to update feature synopsis, restricted cardinality section

ACTION DebM: note ObjectProperty, DatatypeProperty in the note about
"datatypes TBD

ACTION DebM: update feature synopsis functional->Unique (noting 3.4)
and isTheOnlyValueFor to owl:UnambiguousProperty
(note the spelling of owl:UnambiguousProperty.)

ACTION DebM: add Thing to owl-lite description. add Nothing to
owl (full) description

ACTION DebM to rewrite intro following Ian's comments (motivation
should include full OWL)


3,2) OWL 1.0 Reference description (Dean et al.)

pre-ftf version:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jun/0124.html

Comments PeterPS"
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0087.html

plus folloup messages

ACTION MikeD: note owl-lite restrictions on cardinality in reference doc

ACTION MikeD: "sameIndividual in text" fix typo.

ACTION Mike Dean to include explanation of class elements and
expressions

ACTION MikeD to propose changed title, if deemed necessary

ACTION Dean to update the reference document with OWL URI

ACTION (Mike Dean): use DC attributes in owl.owl

ACTION (Raphael): send MIKeD paragraph suggesting preferred usage for
owl:Ontology


3.3) OWL 1.0 Abstract syntax (Horrocks, Patel-Schneider)

Updated version 15 Jul:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2002Jul/0093.htm

including comments by ter Horst:

ACTION Horrocks to ensure a section is added to the asbtract
syntax doc with a mapping from the OWL reference doc names to the
(additional) names used in abstract syntax (e.g. EquivalentClasses).

ACTION Ian update cardinality naming in formal spec.

ACTION Ian: get IndividualProperty changed in formal spec doc

ACTION Ian: investigate the implications of striking "Class
descriptions..." text from the document.


4) A.O.B (0-5 min)



-- 
A. Th. Schreiber, SWI, University of Amsterdam,
Home page: http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/usr/Schreiber/home.html
Received on Wednesday, 17 July 2002 10:53:19 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:51 GMT