W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-webont-wg@w3.org > November 2001

Webont 2001-11-12 teleconference logistics and agenda

From: Jim Hendler <hendler@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 16:26:29 -0500
Message-Id: <p04330115b811f2cbf5e0@[128.8.130.81]>
To: www-webont-wg@w3.org
Agenda:

Date: Monday Nov 12
Time: 3:00PM (1500) US East Coast Time (New York Time)

Call info:
  details in
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2001Nov/0008.html

IRC Channel details:
  to be provided by Dan Connolly prior to call

----
AGENDA
please note: because this telecon was scheduled before we had many 
group members on board, we will not be reviewing technical documents 
and starting that discussion this call - it will come soon, so please 
read documents

The Agenda for this meeting is as follows. If you have additions to 
the agenda, please email them to the webont group list before the 
start of the teleconference.


1) ACTION ITEM REVIEW - Jim H (2 min)

Completed actions:
  ACTION DanC: announcement email to Rdf-logic, rdf-ig, rdf-rules
  ACTION JimH: introduction email (and suggest people send a "who I am")
  ACTION: DanC arrange bridge for: first phone call - Nov 12, 1500 EST
  ACTION DanC - add Jim to WG chair list
  ACTION - Jim H mail to invited experts with how to join
  ACTION Jim - getting started email to WOW-G
  ACTION DanC - Working Group list doesn't yet include webont (in the 
T&S/SW area)

Open actions:
  ACTION JimH - "roundtrip" email or phone with all working group members

2) Administrivia - Jim H.  (~10 min)
  Choice of scribe for this phone call.
  Discussion of best time for future telecons (constraints and 
process, not discussion of particular times - that will happen 
through email)
   Discussion of first f2f - when, where, expectation issues.

3) Introduction and Expectations - Dan Connolly (~20 min)
  quick overview by Dan of what is expected of working group by when. 
Not a detailed process review (which will be presented on a later 
call).
  quick overview by Dan of expectations on WG members - what you need 
to read, what you need to write, what you need to program
  Group questions re: process/expectations

4) Ontology - vision/goals; charter review - Jim Hendler (~20 min)
  Discussion of ontologies on web, what WG is expected to do (and NOT 
do). Review of charter [1]
  Group questions re: goals, charter.

5) Open discussion: issues for group, needs of members, items for 
getting started - Jim H. moderate (20 min)

----------
[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/WebOnt/charter


-- 
Prof. James Hendler			Director, Semantic Web and 
Agent Technology
301-405-2696 (phone)		Maryland Information and Network Dynamics Lab
301-405-8488 (fax)		University of Maryland
http://www.cs.umd.edu/~hendler 	College Park, MD 20742
Received on Friday, 9 November 2001 16:26:30 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Monday, 7 December 2009 10:57:46 GMT