Re: CCXML: Dialog and Connection objects

Dear Hrvoje,
thanks for your comments and let me add some notes in-line.

However I would still appreciate further clarification on my original
comments.

Hrvoje Nezic wrote:
>> Dialog object contains connectionid and/or conferenceid properties which
>> identify the connection/conference that is driving a media stream to the
>> dialog.
>
> The specification doesn't explicitly state that the connection/conference
> is driving a media stream to the dialog, but this is a reasonable
> interpretation.

See CCXML specification (version 20070119), section 7.4 Dialog object
properties, description of the connectionid property which explicitly
states:
"Identifies the connection that is driving a media stream to the dialog.
..."
The same holds for the conferenceid property.

> However, other interpretations are also possible, because the specification
> states that the connection/conference is "associated" with the dialog.

Statement like this is in the Connection object description, not Dialog
object. The specification is very clear for the Dialog object.

> For example, connection/conference could be the one specified in
> <dialogprepare>
> or <dialogstart> although it doesn't drive a media stream to the dialog.

This is wrong.

>> As we understand, after introducing input and outputs properties in the
>> last draft connectionid/conferenceid will always have the same value as
>> the input property.
>
> There are still no input and output properties in <dialogprepare> and
> <dialogstart>.
> I think that the specification should introduce these properties instead of
> connectionid / conferenceid.

Input and outputs properties in the Connection and Dialog objects serve
for storing information about all the endpoins bridged to the particular
  connection / dialog. Connectionid / conferenceid in <dialogprepare> /
<dialogstart> and joinid in <createcall> serve for establishing one new
bridge. You do not need input / outputs properties in <dialogprepare> /
<dialogstart> / <createcall> tags.

Regards,
Petr

--