Re: [VE][325] Add Subject Here

From: Michael[tm] Smith <mike@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 17:24:04 +0900
To: Kosha Burnett <kburnett@promediagrp.com>
Cc: "www-validator@w3.org" <www-validator@w3.org>
Kosha Burnett <kburnett@promediagrp.com>, 2013-04-15 18:27 +0000:

> Hello,
>
> I would find it AWESOME if there was a way for me to 'check' exceptions
> during validation. My HTML often includes links that contain tracking so
> each generates quite a few errors. I try to just skip over those but it
> gets difficult to find the real errors when I have to sift through dozens
> of errors, warnings, and references.  This could be eliminated if, during
> my review, I could hide/unhide these findings.

I am working on landing just such a feature soon, and deploying it for the
production W3C validator. But in the mean time, there is a development
version of the validator service that has it experimentally enabled:

  http://qa-dev.w3.org:8888/

The way it works is that after you validate a document, you can use the
"Message filtering" button there to hide/unhide whole classes of errors,
or individual ones, or warnings or info messages to.

It's based on some code that was written by a developer in Australia named
Keegan Street, and I will try to get it landed as soon as possible.

  --Mike