Re: W3C Validation Icons

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:31:56 -0400
Cc: W3C Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>
To: Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>, james@imagewebdesign.co.uk

Hello James, Cindy, all.

On 13-Jun-08, at 8:16 AM, Cindy Sue Causey wrote:
> On 6/12/08, james@imagewebdesign.co.uk <james@imagewebdesign.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'm interested to know if I can create my own version of the W3C
>> validation icon.
>

> Hi, James..
>
> In the meantime of anyone else with a more current viewpoint, found
> the following:
>
> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/logo-usage-20000308.html

Indeed, that is the current policy, thanks Cindy for digging it up. :)

We hope to relax this policy, by providing tools for people to create
icons at the size and with colors they like. In the meantime however,
for legal reasons my answer to "can I make my own logos?" remains
"sure, so long as you don't use the w3c logo in there".

thanks,
olivier
--
olivier Thereaux - W3C - http://www.w3.org/People/olivier