Re: W3C Validation Icons

From: <james@imagewebdesign.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 22:51:13 +0100
To: W3C Validator Community <www-validator@w3.org>

olivier Thereaux wrote:
> Hello James, Cindy, all.
> On 13-Jun-08, at 8:16 AM, Cindy Sue Causey wrote:
>> On 6/12/08, james@imagewebdesign.co.uk <james@imagewebdesign.co.uk>
>> wrote:
>>> Hi
>>> I'm interested to know if I can create my own version of the W3C
>>> validation icon.
>> Hi, James..
>> In the meantime of anyone else with a more current viewpoint, found
>> the following:
>> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/logo-usage-20000308.html
> Indeed, that is the current policy, thanks Cindy for digging it up. :)
> We hope to relax this policy, by providing tools for people to create
> icons at the size and with colors they like. In the meantime however,
> for legal reasons my answer to "can I make my own logos?" remains
> "sure, so long as you don't use the w3c logo in there".
> thanks,
> olivier
Thanks for the replies. Thanks Cindy for taking the time to find that
FAQ (I did look, sorry I didnt see it) :-)  . Thanks Olivier for your
reply. I suppose it makes sense with regards to corporate-identification
and the thing about making my own without the W3c logo is an almost
perfect solution. Its a shame to drop that however until the logo is
better thats what Ill do. By the way. I can make the set of logos based
on the design shown if your interested. Contact me directly for this.
(At NO cost obvously - I have the template ready anyway and the
yellow/gold and blue shaded ones can easily be created, call it a gift
to W3C for providing me with the validator)

p.s. since I didnt get a copy of my own email, Im unsure if you actually
have seen the logo I created. It was based heavily on your existing
design which I though may get me a better chance of using it. Anyway for
now, for my own website, I will drop the W3C logo from the stamp but
still point it to W3C validator. Thanks again.

Kind Regards