Re: W3C Validation Icons

From: Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 08:16:50 -0400
To: "james@imagewebdesign.co.uk" <james@imagewebdesign.co.uk>
Cc: www-validator@w3.org

On 6/12/08, james@imagewebdesign.co.uk <james@imagewebdesign.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm interested to know if I can create my own version of the W3C
> validation icon.

Hi, James..

In the meantime of anyone else with a more current viewpoint, found
the following:

http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/logo-usage-20000308.html

Snipped from that webpage:

+ + + + + + +

"Frequently Asked Questions about Logos
Q1: Can I change a W3C logo to fit the look and feel of my site?

I'd like to use one of the W3C validator logos, but it doesn't match
the design of my Web site. Can I change the logo?

No. The W3C Logo provides the organization with its visual identity.
As a result, there are strict rules for its use. Changing the W3C
logos is not permitted, as it defeats the purpose of the logo, which
is to be noticed and identified as W3C."

Hope this helps.. Peace and best wishes..

Cindy Sue :)

- :: -
CindySueCausey.blogspot.com
www.ButterflyBytes.com