Re: W3C Validation Icons

<james@imagewebdesign.co.uk> wrote:

> with the way the current icons look I feel that the quality
> would simply not be upto scratch.

Disclaimer, I'm no artist, no lawyer, and just reading this
list.  If you ask questions you ideally get an answer, and
the answers might be not what you want to hear.  Having said
this, you are allowed to store the "official" icons on your
server, e.g., <http://www.w3.org/Icons/valid-xhtml11-v.svg>.

You could store them in another format for various reasons,
<http://xn--80akhbyknj4f.boldlygoingnowhere.org/valid.jpg>
is an example where "somebody" did this (hopefully dyndns is
soon up again).

If that other format "happens" to be better from your POV,
and you otherwise follow the rules for "official" icons, use
it...  Until the WIPO inquisition comes to get you, but they
might have more urgent tasks than hunting "improved" icons.

 Frank