Re: Result from url validation and direct input completely different

On Fri, 7 Sep 2007 15:19:04 -0400
"Kate" <kate@microbytes.com> wrote:

> The header of my document is as follows:

Any particular document?  A URL would tell us.

> <base href="http://www.microbytes.com/computer/ordinateur/">

Using that as a clue, I see it returns:

> *  <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
>
> *  *  <html>
>
> *  <head>
>
> *  <title>MicroBytes Montreal Computer Ordinateur</title>
>
> *  <meta HTTP-EQUIV="REFRESH" content="0;
> url=http://www.microbytes.com/computer/ordinateur/index.php">
>
> *  </head>

... what you quoted.

Your server is messed up, and someone has "fixed" it with one
of the worst non-fixes in the book.  Tell your server admin to
RTFM for Apache's "DirectoryIndex" directive.

> This has me somewhat confused

Your predecessor or coworker is/was an idiot.

--
Nick Kew

http://www.apachetutor.org/