Using local Validator

From: Allan Smith <webmanager@telfordsteamrailway.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 10:08:33 -0000
To: <www-validator@w3.org>

Using local installation of validator.

Currently the setup I have is connected to the internet
But the reason behind this configuration is to provide an installation
On a site at a small rural business. The owner of which has agreed to have 2
university student placements in order to develop a web presence for his
business. Because of its location, the business does not have broadband
access. Hence the system will not have 'external' access other than
occasional dial-up - hence the local validator.

I have briefly tested with the 'plug out' with no problems experienced
Other than some of the external links obviously not working - this is not an
issue.

How does the local validator cope with the external references in such
constructs as:-

Are these statements just checked for their presence or does the local
validator try to access them?

Allan Smith