Re: Local Validator on XP Pro/IIS 5.1 - working

Hi Allan,

On Oct 9, 2007, at 08:52 , Allan Smith wrote:

> Thanks to help from David Tibbe
> I now have local validator up and running on XP Pro with IIS 5.1

This is really good news, I'm glad you and David figured it out.

> In addition to following all the instructions on the Windows
> Install page
> I had to download David's new Perl Modules and ensure .NET
> framework was
> installed
> And make an additional change to the check.pl file (see below)

I think this message (with instructions and script) is worth linking
from the windows installation guide.
David, what do you think?

> There is only one extremely minor problem
>
> When a page validates as 'Valid' the 2 valid icons are not
> displayed on the
> results page. This is because the specified source of the image
> ' src="images/valid_icons/valid-xhtml10" '
> does not specify a suffix so the file is 404 -  Not Found

I think you can fix that by editing types.cfg and adding the
extension to the "Local URI" and "Local ALT URI" entries.
Alternatively you can remove these "local" entries and your local
validator will be using the icons on the validator.w3.org server.

--
olivier