Re: XHTML 1.1 as text/html

olivier Thereaux wrote:
> Are you begging to differ on the wording alone (on which I stand
> corrected) or are you also suggesting that the validator should not
> give a warning for not respecting the SHOULD recommendation in XHTML
> 1.1's conformance section? What is the XHTML's working group stance on
> the matter?

Personally, I feel the validator should not raise an error if the
content type differs.  For example, the OMA use a different media type
for what is in essence the same markup language as XHTML Basic 1.1.  And
that should be okay.  It could raise a warning, I suppose.

The XHTML Working Group has taken no formal stance on your specific
question.  I will have it put on the agenda for our next meeting (on
Wednesday, 2 May).