Re: XHTML 1.1 as text/html

Shane McCarron wrote:
> Personally, I feel the validator should not raise an error if the
> content type differs.  For example, the OMA use a different media type

The OMA aren't the most sensible group, they're not really a good source
of examples of what should and should not be done.

> for what is in essence the same markup language as XHTML Basic 1.1.  And
> that should be okay.

It's ok to use any MIME type for which XML processing is defined, such
as application/xml or even vendor specific MIME types.  The validator
should reject unknown MIME types (I think it does).  But known MIME
types that that have no XML processing requirements, like text/html,
should not be used and an error should be issued.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/