Re: W3 Validation

Trevor Lawrence wrote:
> The table structure that you observed was created by Microsoft
> FrontPage... no doubt once I save again in FP, it will come back
>
> ...However, if I alter the header table, maybe FP will do its own thing
>  again. I will just have to be alert.

Yes, that is most likely.  Many  WYSIWYG HTML editors, especially
FrontPage, are well known to produce invalid and often disastrous
markup.  I recommend that you cease using FP and switch to an editor
that has everything you need, but nothing you don't.  Notepad is quite
effective and, although it does lack syntax hilighting, it will not
generate any invalid code for you like FP.

Many other editors do have nice features like syntax hilighting, but I
don't recommend you switch to one that will generate any code for you
(beyond simple tag completion features) and especially not a WYSIWYG editor.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/