Re: [VE][344] Error Message Feedback

From: olivier Thereaux <ot@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 11:18:52 +0900
Cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
To: "Greg Pinnington" <gregp@e2save.com>
Hi Greg,

On Jan 5, 2005, at 19:26, Greg Pinnington wrote:
> How about a link to
> http://www.w3.org/QA/2002/04/valid-dtd-list.html
> on the "no document type declaration" error message?

This link is already in the error message when in verbose mode, and in
the "what should I do?" explanation in normal mode. That's one more
click away, but I somehow assume that it's more useful to direct the
user to a full explanation of what a doctype is and how to add it than
just pointing to the list...

What do you think?
--
olivier