Re: Shaming compaines into improving their HTML

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 15:06:10 +0200
To: "'www-validator@w3.org'" <www-validator@w3.org>
At 05:48 -0400 2001-05-23, William Sheppard wrote:
>Most corporate websites don't have valid HTML.
>
>Surely there must be a way to shame companies
>into posting valid HTML? Or a way to show them the
>kudos they could get by advertising the fact they have
>valid HTML...
>
>What do you think?

An idea could be that a search engine like Google, for example, gives
information about the validity of the indexed page. On the search
results window, you could have a little flag like valid, accessible,
etc.

But I guess it will certainly require too much CPU time.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/QA/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---