Re: Unix --> NT (source code stuff)

From: Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 20:49:58 +0000 (GMT)
To: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
cc: Brian Gilkison <gilkison@one.net>, www-validator@w3.org

On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Liam Quinn wrote:

> On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Brian Gilkison wrote:
>
> > I see in rev. 1.78 of 'check' that Gerald has moved to lq-nsgmls in place
> > of nsgmls as the SGML parser.  Does Liam (Liam, are you there?) plan on
> > making a Win32 binary available, similar to those for James Clark's SP
> > package?
>
> I don't plan on it (I don't have Windows around anymore), but it should
> just be a matter of compiling from source using Microsoft Visual C++.

Isn't there something at <URL:http://www.arealvalidator.com/> ?

I've recently recompiled Code Valet for Windoze.  This is basically
a web-enabled version of SP, to do validation and (many) other things
without the need for an intervening CGI wrapper.  It uses Liam's
mods to SP as its starting point.  I can report that it compiles cleanly
under cygwin ( <URL:http://cygwin.sourceforge.net/> ), and would infer
that lq-sp will almost certainly do likewise .

--
Nick Kew

Is your site a lawsuit waiting to happen?
See <URL:http://valet.webthing.com/intranet/> before it's too late.