Re: Unix --> NT (source code stuff)

From: Liam Quinn <liam@htmlhelp.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 15:03:00 -0500 (EST)
To: Brian Gilkison <gilkison@one.net>
cc: <www-validator@w3.org>
On Wed, 28 Feb 2001, Brian Gilkison wrote:

> I see in rev. 1.78 of 'check' that Gerald has moved to lq-nsgmls in place
> of nsgmls as the SGML parser.  Does Liam (Liam, are you there?) plan on
> making a Win32 binary available, similar to those for James Clark's SP
> package?

I don't plan on it (I don't have Windows around anymore), but it should
just be a matter of compiling from source using Microsoft Visual C++.

> Are the changes negligible enough that I can copy nsgmls.exe to
> lq-nsgmls.exe, or is lq-nsgmls's output sufficiently different that the
> check script reflects those differences?

The output should be similar enough.  With nsgmls.exe, you just lose
lq-nsgmls' friendlier error messages and support for name-based virtual
hosts and redirects when fetching DTDs.

--
Liam Quinn