Re: Unix --> NT (source code stuff)

From: Brian Gilkison <gilkison@one.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 14:43:16 -0500
To: www-validator@w3.org
>For those with NT concerns, I can say that the validator runs virtually
>unchanged on my system: Win2000, Apache 1.3.17, Perl 5.6.0 (ActiveState
>build 620) -- didn't even have to name it 'check.pl'!  The only thing I feel
>I HAD to change in 'check' was the $abs_svc_uri and $logfile to point to

Having now gotten WinCVS to work (somewhat), here's another question
somewhat related to this topic...

I see in rev. 1.78 of 'check' that Gerald has moved to lq-nsgmls in place
of nsgmls as the SGML parser.  Does Liam (Liam, are you there?) plan on
making a Win32 binary available, similar to those for James Clark's SP
package?  Are the changes negligible enough that I can copy nsgmls.exe to
lq-nsgmls.exe, or is lq-nsgmls's output sufficiently different that the
check script reflects those differences?  It's one thing for me to modify
a Perl script, but I'm not a C/C++ coder, so re-compiling is not in the
cards for me.

Brian Gilkison
gilkison@one.net