RE: Unix --> NT (source code stuff)

> >For those with NT concerns, I can say that the validator runs virtually
> >unchanged on my system: Win2000, Apache 1.3.17, Perl 5.6.0 (ActiveState
> >build 620)
> ( Then it's probably not unreasonable to put those software versions down
> as "minimum system requirements" for windows, I think )

FYI, I went back to the validator mailing list, to verify; it was running
last year under Win2000 Server, ActiveState Perl build 522, Apache 1.3.9
with few changes as well...

> >three additions to the httpd.conf file for Apache;
>
> Anything we could take care of at the source?

Not sure; mainly some aliasing, since I don't run the validator off my main
domain  (http://opus/validator/):

    Alias /validator  "w:/usr/local/validator/htdocs/"
    Alias /images     "w:/usr/local/validator/htdocs/images/"
    ScriptAlias /check    "w:/usr/local/validator/httpd/cgi-bin/check"

If I can get vhosting figured out, maybe I can move those into their own
vhost section and at least separate it from the rest of my Apache setup...

> >(I'd contribute via CVS, but that's one thing I've never gotten
> >to work on my NT box...)
>
> Did you try <URL:http://www.wincvs.org/>? Or perhaps the Cygwin tools?

Um, tried that; despite having followed the validator for a few years now,
and possibly understanding some of what it does, my mind is still very much
a Windows-based unit, so some of the commands and setup options aren't quite
clear to me...  Maybe someone out there who has WinCVS working and reading
from the validator could email me with what you did to get things setup...