RE: Validating SSL protected web-pages

Bertilo Wennergren wrote:

> Hoo, ha! Watch out! That won't always work. If you do that with MSIE,
> it will (in many cases) _change_ the actual code. I just tested it with
> one of my XHTML 1.0 Strict pages. MSIE 5.5 merrily saved it as HTML 4.0
> Transitional, complete with upper-cased tagnames and a new DOCTYPE
> declaration! It even took out the quotation marks around attribute
> values when it felt like it!!!

Try Opera.  View Source sends the source to your favourite text editor
(unmodified), which can then be saved normally.  And Opera's free now, too
(if you don't mind banner ads).

Thanasis Kinias
Information Dissemination Team, Information Technology
Arizona State University
Tempe, Ariz., U.S.A.

Qui nos rodunt confundantur
et cum iustis non scribantur.