Re: Validating SSL protected web-pages

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2001 21:02:32 +0100
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
cc: Ivana Belgers-van Overmeeren <ivana.belgers@surfnet.nl>
On 15.02.01 at 03:07, Ivana Belgers-van Overmeeren
<ivana.belgers@surfnet.nl> wrote:

>I wanted to test my web-pages that are SSL protected, but I noticed that
>only http:// URLs are supported by the http://validator.w3.org/. I could
>use the 'upload' feature, but then it wouldn't consider the SSI that I use
>in my pages. Is there any way of testing my SSI pages with the validator
>tools?

Use your browser's "Save As..." function and then upload the saved copy.

>The URL is https://intern.surfnet.nl/ and can only be accessed with a
>correct Certificate.

If this is a private Certificate, we couldn't check the site even if we did
add SSL/TLS support. That said, SSL/TLS is on the TODO and should be
reasonably easy to provide once a few other things are taken care of.