Re: when using validator is not sensible

From: William O'Higgins <william.ohiggins@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 06:45:44 -0400
To: Yuri Generalov <yuri@cactus-books.com>
CC: www-validator@w3.org
Yuri Generalov> 17.08.2001 1:17:47, Bjoern Hoehrmann <derhoermi@gmx.net> wrote:

Yuri Generalov> <BODY TOPMARGIN=0 LEFTMARGIN=0 MARGINHEIGHT=0 MARGINWIDTH=0>

Yuri Generalov> Although this ensures that the margin is set to zero, this construction is invalid in XHTML.
Yuri Generalov> To make my pages validate, I was forced to switch to CSS this way:

Yuri Generalov> body {margin: 0}

Yuri Generalov> This resulted in the following: the majority of browsers which handle CSS properly,
Yuri Generalov> display no margin. But for example Opera still displays a margin of, I think, 10 pixels:
Yuri Generalov> http://cactus-books.com/

Know your browsers, and ye shall be king.  Opera uses a default style
of padding: 10px;  Thus, body { margin: 0; padding: 0;} and all will
be well in all graphical browsers that speak CSS1.

--
yours,

William
woolgathering.cx