Re: Images on validation results page (MSIE 5.0)

From: Terje Bless <link@tss.no>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2001 03:11:13 +0200
To: W3C Validator <www-validator@w3.org>
Cc: Nigel Masefield <sugarat@btinternet.com>
On 18.04.01 at 01:56, Nigel Masefield <sugarat@btinternet.com> wrote:

>First fails as predicted, second loads

Aha! That narrows the culprit down to config changes between www.w3.org and
validator.w3.org. It's possible that www.w3.org isn't correctly set up for
this kind of content negotiation. I'll start yelling at people and see what
happens. :-)

Can I email you and ask you to try again after we sort this out? Since I
can't make it fail in the first place it's a bit hard to tell if it's been
fixed. :-)

>http://validator.w3.org/images/vh40
>only and on port 8000 rather than 80 (this may have been
>intentional/immaterial to question)

It's intentional. The server running on port 8000 is different from the one
on port 80. Port 8000 is a modified version that returns image links on
validator.w3.org instead of www.w3.org for HTML documents.