Re: The 'speech' media type

On Mon, 7 Nov 2011, Jordan Clark wrote:

> Thanks for that, Dan. However, what I really wanted to know is which media type ? 'aural' or 'speech' ? to use in the interim, until the CSS3 Speech Module (hopefully!) gets more widespread support among UAs and reaches Recommendation status.
>
> I just find the wording of the current standard a bit confusing, as it is basically ruling out *both* media types (for the present time at least):
>
> ?This means that a style sheet such as ['speech' example code] is valid, but that its meaning is not defined by CSS 2.1, while ['aural' example code] is deprecated, but defined by this appendix.?
> -- CSS 2.1 Specification
>    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/aural.html#aural-media-group
>
> (Perhaps I should really have sent this question to the more general CSS
> mailing list over at http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style .)

Yes, that would be better to reach to a broader mailing list like
www-style.

In the meantime, I will downgrade the 'error' to a 'warning' as it makes
more sense in the css validator (in fact, the validation continues on
what's inside the @media definition, so warning is definitely the best).
Thanks,

> Jordan Clark
>
> Website: http://www.jdclark.org