Re: css validator (How to install the CSS validator on your own machine)

From: Patrick ALLAERT <patrick.allaert@dixite.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 16:41:48 +0100
To: www-validator-css@w3.org, sijtsche@wisdom.nl

Hello Sijtsche,

As you wrote a quite years ago
I followed these steps to have the same css validator on our intranet.
Jigsaw is running very fine and I created the following structure:

Root (DirectoryResource) / HTTPFrame
  css-validator (HttpDirectoryResource) / ServletDirectoryFrame
    validator (ServletWrapper: Servlet Class =
org.w3c.css.servlet.CssValidator) / ServletWrapperFrame

But accessing http://localhost:8001/css-validator/ give me the following

Document not found
The document http://localhost:8001/css-validator/ is indexed but not
The server is misconfigured.

And if I refresh the page the object does not exist anymore!

What I want to do is not being able to validate locas css files but providing
exactly the same service as

with the same html forms and input methods (URI / File Upload / Direct Input).

Is this the correct way to do it ? or am I missing something ? I suppose I
will have to assign an html document or map a directory containing HTML files
against the "css-validator" directory?

Am I completely wrong?

Any help will be greatly appreciated :)

Thanks in advance