ACTION-682 suggest to TAG sections of HTTPbis specification that TAG should review

From: Jonathan A Rees <rees@mumble.net>
Date: Tue, 22 May 2012 17:48:56 -0400
To: www-tag@w3.org
ACTION-682 suggest to TAG sections of HTTPbis specification that TAG
should review

TAG members who care about this kind of thing should probably check
the following sections to see how they like them.

Part 1:

2.7.1.  http URI scheme

esp. paragraph beginning "Although HTTP is independent of the
transport protocol"

I find it peculiar that there is no discussion of what http: URIs
identify, or how they come to identify anything at all.

Part 2:

5.  Representation

6.3.  GET

6.6.  PUT

7.2.1.  200 OK

7.3.4.  303 See Other

Personally I am not keen on the change in the definition and use of
"representation" and "representation of," and the overall infusion of
REST into the spec, but as this is an editorial matter with no
normative force I can't really complain.

FWIW I complained about a detail in section 5 of part 2  here:
and elaborated a bit here:
Basically I'm saying that the words "identify" and "representation of"
are being used in the spec as if they are meaningful, but it is very
difficult to see what, if anything, they mean.
I have not received any response.