Re: FYI, tag election links

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 09:44:00 -0500
To: Harry Halpin <hhalpin@ibiblio.org>
CC: ashok.malhotra@oracle.com, "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>

On 12/14/2012 8:22 AM, Harry Halpin wrote:
> I strongly support Volume 2 being about Web application architecture.

Again, as noted in my e-mail of last night, we had a specific plan to do
exactly this. We had a table of contents. We had people assigned to high
priority pieces. That was 3 years ago, and this is how far we got.

We really need to move the discussion past "how about a vol 2 of AWWW" to:
what should its scope be, what skills do we need in the room to get it done
(presumably we need to draw on the community as well as TAG members)? How
can we focus it so that the community will perceive the results as
valuable, and how can we get it done in less than ten years. In short: how
are we going to do it differently from the last time we tried.

Again, just my personal opinion.

Noah