W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > www-tag@w3.org > August 2011

Agenda for the 11 Aug 2011 TAG teleconference

From: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 23:28:08 -0400
Message-ID: <4E434C48.4000804@arcanedomain.com>
To: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
The agenda for tomorrow's TAG teleconference is now available at [1,2], and 
in text-only form below. Thank you.

Noah

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/11-agenda
[2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/tag-weekly

==============================================================

    [1]W3C | [2]TAG | Previous: [3]4 August 2011 This: [4]11 August 2011
    Next: TBD

       [1] http://www.w3.org/
       [2] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/
       [3] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/04-agenda
       [4] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/11-agenda

               Agenda of 11 August 2011 TAG Teleconference

    Nearby: [5]Teleconference details - [6]issues list - [7]open actions
    - [8]pending review actions - [9]www-tag archive - [10]tag archive
     1. Convene
           + Chair: Noah Mendelsohn, Scribe: Dan Appelquest
             (unconfirmed)
           + Roll call -- Regrets: Tim Berners-Lee, Larry Masinter, Dan
             Appelquist (probable)
           + Agenda Review - [11]this agenda
           + Next Meeting: TBD, Chair: TBD
           + Future scribes: Dan Appelquist - > Ashok Malhotra - > Jeni
             Tennison
     2. Approve minutes of prior meeting(s)
           + [12]14 July 2011 (minutes of 21 July are [13]unclear on
             whether these were approved)
           + [14]21 July 2011
           + [15]4 August 2011
     3. Administrative items
           + Henry is offering to make hotel arrangements for TAG
             members (see also [16]hotel section of local arrangements
             page)
           + [17]Registration is now open for the [18]2011 Technical
             Plenary in Santa Clara, CA
           + Meeting and Teleconference Schedules
                o Summer telcons will be likely be held on the following
                  dates:
                     # Next call: TBD
                     # Probably not: 18 August, 25 August (the chair
                       would like to meet on one more of those August
                       dates, but we would have low attendance)
                     # [19]Spreadsheet showing summer regrets
                       (member-only, .xls format)
                o The autumn F2F will be 13-15 September in Edinburgh,
                  UK
                o The TAG will meet 4-6 January 2012 at the W3C offices
                  at MIT in Cambridge, MA
                o TAG members are to hold open the week of 2 April 2012
                  for likely F2F meeting at the W3C offices at
                  Sophia-Antipolis, France (timed to follow Paris IETF
                  meetings the previous week)
     4. Planning for Sept. 2011 F2F
           + Goals:
                o Keeping in mind that there may be no more
                  teleconferences until early Sept., plan TAG work
                  leading up to the F2F.
           + Agenda for this topic:
                o Review [20]Overdue actions in [21]Tracker specifically
                  to identify work pertinent to the Sept. F2F
                o Security:
                     # [22]ACTION-515: on - Larry Masinter - (as
                       trackbot proxy for John) who will publish
                       http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/02/security-web.h
                       tml, slightly cleaned up, with help from Noah and
                       Larry - Due: 2011-07-30 - OPEN
                     # [23]ACTION-516: on - Yves Lafon - Talk with
                       Thomas Roessler about organizing W3C architecture
                       work on security - Due: 2011-07-19 - OPEN
                     # [24]ACTION-554: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Formulate
                       product page for TAG work on security including
                       John Kemp security draft Due: 2011-05-24 - Due:
                       2011-07-29 - OPEN
                     # [25]Offer of help from Tobias Gondrum and
                       discussion on that e-mail thread
                o Fragids:
                     # [26]ACTION-543: on - Jeni Tennison - Propose
                       addition to MIME/Web draft to discuss sem-web use
                       of fragids not grounded in media type - Due:
                       2011-06-28 - OPEN
                     # [27]ACTION-509: on - Jonathan Rees - Communicate
                       with RDFa WG regarding documenting the fragid /
                       media type issue - Due: 2011-06-15 - OPEN
                     # [28]ACTION-508: on - Larry Masinter - Draft
                       proposed bug report against HTML5 media type
                       registration regarding interpretation of fragid
                       in HTML-based AJAX apps - Due: 2011-07-19 -
                       PENDING REVIEW
                     # Note: on 4 August 2011 [29]Peter Linss agreed to
                       join this effort, in part becuase we expect Jeni
                       to be quite busy with microdata/RDFa
                o IETF and IAB:
                     # Note recent concerns about coordination of
                       TAG/IETF/IAB contacts with overall W3C liaison
                     # [30]ACTION-549: on - Larry Masinter - (with help
                       from Henry and Yves) make proposals for topics to
                       be pursued with IAB - Due: 2011-06-02 - PENDING
                       REVIEW
                     # [31]ACTION-565: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Talk to
                       Bernard about possible IAB/TAG co-location - Due:
                       2011-07-19 - OPEN
                o Client-side state:
                     # [32]ACTION-586: on - Ashok Malhotra - Add text
                       covering advice equivalent to "Use of AJAX
                       implementation technology is not a sufficient
                       excuse for failing to provide first class URI
                       identification for documents on the Web" - Due:
                       2011-08-11 - OPEN
                o Review items in [33]Updated TAG Work Plan page,
                  picking up on [34]Discussion on 4 Aug 2011
                o Other ideas, discussion regarding the F2F technical
                  agenda?
           + Background:
                o [35]Discussion on 4 Aug 2011
                o [36]Updated TAG Work Plan page
                o [37]Chair's note on planning for technical content of
                  the F2F
                o [38]Updated TAG Work Plan page
                o [39]ACTION-568: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Draft note for
                  Jeff Jaffe listing 5 top TAG priorities as trackable
                  items. - Due: 2011-07-26 - PENDING REVIEW
     5. [40]ISSUE-35 (RDFinXHTML-35-27): Microdata / RDFa relationship
           + Goals:
                o Find additional ways that the TAG can be helpful in
                  resolving the Microdata / RDFa overlap
                o Unfortunately, Jeni will likely not be on the call,
                  but we will informally discuss the current state of
                  play, and anything we need to help things progress
                  during our August recess.
           + Background:
                o [41]Discussion on 21 July 2011
                o [42]E-mail from TAG chair to HTML WG raising issues
                  against the Microdata and RDFa+HTML draft
                  specifications and proposing W3C set up a task force
                  to resolve  there has been subsequent e-mail
                  discussion
                o HTML WG opens bugs
                  [43]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1310
                  0 and
                  [44]http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=1310
                  1 (against Microdata and HTML+RDFa respectively). TAG
                  members may add themselves to the cc: list for
                  discussion, using Bugzilla. You need a Bugzilla
                  account to do that.
                o [45]ACTION-573: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Send Jeni's
                  note to HTML WG, RDFa, and W3C staff on Wed 22 June
                  2011 if there are no objections received by the 21st
                  Due 2011-06-22 - Due: 2011-06-23 - PENDING REVIEW
                o [46]ACTION-575: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Send
                  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/2011Jun/0082.h
                  tml as edited Due 2011-06-24 - Due: 2011-06-30 -
                  PENDING REVIEW
                o [47]ACTION-571: on - Jeni Tennison - Write up comments
                  on microdata and RDFa - Due: 2011-06-16 - CLOSED
     6. [48]ACTION-510: RDF URI mappings in the HTML5 microdata
           + Note: Tim is not expected, and we'll discuss this only if
             he joins the call after all.
           + Goals:
                o Consider the [49]response from the HTML5 Editor (Ian
                  Hixie) to [50]Tim's note expressing concern about the
                  planned [51]URIs generated from microdata mappings in
                  the HTML5 draft specifications
           + Background:
                o [52]ACTION-510: on - Tim Berners-Lee - Write a note
                  conveying the TAG's concerns re: the microdata -> RDF
                  URI mappings in the HTML5 microdata draft Due:
                  2011-01-20 - Due: 2011-04-26 - CLOSED
                o [53]ACTION-580: on - Noah Mendelsohn - Schedule
                  discussion (on 4 Aug 2011) of resonses to TAG concerns
                  expressed under ACTION-510, e.g.
                  [54]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/20
                  11May/0364.html - Due: 2011-08-02 - PENDING REVIEW
     7. Overdue Action Items:
           + [55]Overdue actions in [56]Tracker
     8. Pending Review Items:
           + [57]Pending review actions in [58]Tracker
     9. Any other business
      _________________________________________________________

       [5] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/#telcon
       [6] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues
       [7] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/open
       [8] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
       [9] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/
      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/tag/
      [11] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/11-agenda
      [12] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/14-minutes
      [13] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/21-minutes#item01
      [14] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/21-minutes
      [15] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/04-minutes
      [16] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/09/local-arrangements#hotel
      [17] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35125/TPAC2011/
      [18] http://www.w3.org/2011/11/TPAC/
      [19] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/coordination/Summer2011Availability.xls
      [20] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
      [21] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [22] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/515
      [23] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/516
      [24] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/554
      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Aug/0026.html
      [26] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/543
      [27] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/509
      [28] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/508
      [29] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/04-minutes#item04
      [30] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/549
      [31] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/565
      [32] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/586
      [33] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/
      [34] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/04-minutes#item04
      [35] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/08/04-minutes#item04
      [36] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/
      [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Aug/0001.html
      [38] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/products/
      [39] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/568
      [40] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/issues/35
      [41] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2011/07/21-minutes#item03
      [42] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2011Jun/0136.html
      [43] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13100
      [44] http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=13101
      [45] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/573
      [46] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/575
      [47] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/571
      [48] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/510
      [49] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0364.html
      [50] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0336.html
      [51] http://dev.w3.org/html5/md/#examples
      [52] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/510
      [53] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/580
      [54] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011May/0364.html
      [55] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/overdue?sort=owner
      [56] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/
      [57] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/actions/pendingreview
      [58] http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/group/track/


     Daniel Appelquist for the TAG
     $Revision: 1.1 $ of $Date: 2011/08/11 03:26:15 $

    [59]Valid XHTML 1.1

      [59] http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=referer
Received on Thursday, 11 August 2011 03:28:45 GMT

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0+W3C-0.50 : Thursday, 26 April 2012 12:48:39 GMT