Re: ACTION-586: Ashok to update client finding to discuss document identification in Ajax apps

From: ashok malhotra <ashok.malhotra@oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 05:17:57 -0700
To: Noah Mendelsohn <nrm@arcanedomain.com>
CC: "www-tag@w3.org" <www-tag@w3.org>
This is a fundamental point that needs to be made early in the document.  So, in the Introduction, after we discuss that Web is increasingly moving to interactive/Ajax applications, I suggest the following change.

<existing>
This document explores the issues that arise in this context, and attempts to define best practices that help:

    * Create URIs for intermediate states/pages in a Web application and manage the browser history so that states/pages can be bookmarked and the back button does the right thing
    * Enable clients to address into specific points in a stream of content, e.g., video.

</existing>

<suggested>
This document explores the issues that arise in this context.The goal is to preserve the user's experience of the Web as a collection of documents.Specifically, this document attempts to define best practices that help:

    * Create URIs for intermediate states/documents in a Web application and manage the browser history so that states/documents can be bookmarked and the back button does the right thing
    * Enable clients to address into specific points in a stream of content, e.g., video.

</suggested>

We could add a reference to Noah's blog after the second sentence.

All the best, Ashok