Schemas for XHTML

From: MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given) <eb2m-mrt@asahi-net.or.jp>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2010 00:32:15 +0900
To: www-tag@w3.org
Dear colleagues,

Is it possible for W3C to publish RELAX NG schemas for XHTML modules?
Such schemas were created by James Clark, but have not been published
by any standardization organization.

EPUB (to be precise, OPS2) uses XHTML.  EPUB heavily uses RELAX NG and
NVDL.  But it still relies on the XHTML DTD probably because there
are no official RELAX NG schemas.

Background: I am now the technical lead of JEPA EPUB Study Group and
also joined IPDF for extending EPUB for Japanese text layout.  For
this extension, I would like to combine RELAX NG schemas for XHTML and
a RNG schema for HTML5 ruby using NVDL.

Cheers,
Makoto