Re: Question on the boundaries of content negotiation in the context of the Web of Data

TAG members, Ian,

> Surely the turtle document is allowed to be an incomplete description,
> especially under open world assumptions. Would you make the same comment if
> I content negotiated a grayscale version of the same image?

Thanks for bringing the discussion back to the actual topic, Ian ;)

Honestly, I must admit that I'm a bit disappointed. I *thought* I've clearly
articulated my question (and I still don't know what is missing from my side
that I get clear answers - please let me know) and added a request for an
issue here. In my understanding both were not addressed/answered in a
satisfying way. I appreciate when a TAG member (thanks, Jonathan, this helps
me feeling a bit less lost) states [1] :

'I'm as starved of citations on this subject as you are.'

However, I'd really like to hear from a chair or whoever feels responsible
if or how the TAG intents to address my question/issue.

I'm not asking to waste your and my valuable time. I'm asking to get answers
that I can use in my daily work. FWIW - as I'm really interested into
finding answers here - I volunteer to write up something, if necessary. But,
please, dear TAG, don't let this IMHO important discussion (again) move into
a dead end.

Cheers,
      Michael

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-tag/2009Feb/0080.html

--
Dr. Michael Hausenblas
National University of Ireland, Lower Dangan,