RE: (read first) Working towards a clear understanding of the interaction between svg and html5.

> Hi, Kevin-
>
> Thanks for taking the time to spell out your use cases and suggest spec
> wording. I think we now have a pretty good sense of what should be done
> here, and the SVG WG will discuss it at our face-to-face meeting in a
> couple of weeks. It's likely that we will reach agreement on what the
> proper behavior should be and how the spec should be worded in time for
> the next release of some of the major browsers (assuming that
> implementation details aren't too tricky). We'll also coordinate with
> the HTML and CSS WGs to get a consistent agreement.
Than you.
If I may ask, approximately when might this be?  There are additional bits of info that I could include that might be helpful to such a discussion... but some of it will take a little time.

> As far as the issue with CSS borders and backgrounds on inline SVG, I
> think that is an area open for debate; the SVG spec explicitly doesn't
> say anything currently about that. My personal opinion is that an
> inline element in HTML can effectively be treated as a container
> element, like a
, and when styled as such, with a background and