Re: (read first) Working towards a clear understanding of the interaction between svg and html5.

Hi, Kevin-

Kevin Ar18 wrote (on 8/20/10 12:51 PM):

>> Thanks for taking the time to spell out your use cases and suggest
>> spec wording. I think we now have a pretty good sense of what
>> should be done here, and the SVG WG will discuss it at our
>> face-to-face meeting in a couple of weeks. It's likely that we will
>> reach agreement on what the proper behavior should be and how the
>> spec should be worded in time for the next release of some of the
>> major browsers (assuming that implementation details aren't too
>> tricky). We'll also coordinate with the HTML and CSS WGs to get a
>> consistent agreement.
>
> Than you. If I may ask, approximately when might this be?  There are
> additional bits of info that I could include that might be helpful to
> such a discussion... but some of it will take a little time.

It's a bit hard to say.  Right now, the SVG WG is on hiatus in
preparation for SVG Open and our F2F meeting at the beginning of August,
and we will discuss it there.  Depending on what the outcome of that
discussion, this could take 30 minutes or 3 months, since we will also
need to bring in the CSS and HTML WGs.  But we have been aware of the
issue for some time, and your email is very timely in bringing it to our
focus.  We'll try to resolve it quickly.

You are welcome to contribute more, but I think we have a pretty good
handle on the issue, so don't break your back.  Most of us on the SVG WG
are also content creators, so we understand that perspective.

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG and WebApps WGs