Re: [Fwd: ACID3 test submissions]

Hi, Jonathan-

~:'' ありがとうございました。 wrote (on 1/21/08 4:40 AM):

> well I loved the apparent overt simplicity of the Acid2 test.
> ie at least when launched any mortal could see if something was amiss.

While Acid3 is not as cute as Acid2, it's still clear when a browser
renders it correctly... just see the reference image, which is how it
should look. [1]

> I'd prefer something less overtly technical and 'standards' in your face.
> something amusing that appealed to a wider audience, raising the
> popularity of SVG.
> A short story perhaps.

There is a place for such promotional images, but the Acid tests are
meant to promote interoperability, especially in edge cases.  There's a
place for both kinds of tests (as well as individual implementability
tests).

> It seems the test halts, could it not be designed to complete sections
> and continue in any case?
>
> Could accessibility tests to be included, including mousewheel, keyboard
> etc.
>
> xmlhttprequest and more....
>
> on this basis Acid 3 appears to fail to live up to Acid 2.
> it's not amusing, nut none the less a significant development.
>
> Might a short youtube animation be helpful in determining errors and
> generating interest.

Like Jeff said, the SVG WG has little say in how the test is designed;
you'll have to talk to Ian Hickson.

But we are interested in feedback on SVG-specific tests.

[1] http://hixie.ch/tests/evil/acid/003/reference.html

Regards-
-Doug Schepers
W3C Team Contact, SVG, CDF, and WebAPI