Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: Streaming

Jim Ley wrote:
>> Perhaps I misunderstand the point of the timeline, that being to
>> provide the user with some sort of time-varying view of the page.  If
>> the user ends up missing part (or all) of it because rendering could
>> not be started, that seems undesirable....
>
> It depends on the use case of course, which is why it can be controlled
> with externalResourcesRequired AIUI.

Can you name a reasonable use case in which you want the user to miss content?

Or put another way, is there a reason the default behavior is unreasonable?

> If the information isn't important

I'm sorry, but I have a hard time imagining that information would be
unimportant... we're trying to present the information, no?  Or are we talking
about different things?

-Boris