Re: SVG 1.2 Comment: Streaming

"Boris Zbarsky" <bzbarsky@MIT.EDU>
> Jim Ley wrote:
>> What sort of problems do you forsee?  Yes rendering may not be able to be
>> started due to some elements of it not being resolved, but that doesn't
>> prevent the timeline from starting does it?
>
> Perhaps I misunderstand the point of the timeline, that being to provide
> the user with some sort of time-varying view of the page.  If the user
> ends up missing part (or all) of it because rendering could not be
> started, that seems undesirable....

It depends on the use case of course, which is why it can be controlled with
externalResourcesRequired AIUI.  If the information isn't important but
getting the user seeing stuff, any stuff as soon as possible is desired, as
long as when the resources are available they start at the appropriate
timeline everything works.

Jim.