Re: has the SVG 1.0 DTD been edited? (xmlns:xlink on element svg)

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 16:56:02 +0100
To: Chris Lilley <chris@w3.org>
CC: www-svg@w3.org

Chris Lilley wrote:

> Skipping down the [deleted]

no offense intended; I read all of it

> parts of my email you will se it becomes
> more specific about what undated means - in the filename.

Now I understand; thanks for the clarification.

Just to explain where I got confused:

"TR> I listed both
TR> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/DTD/svg10.dtd
TR> and
TR> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd
TR> and both seem to have been changed.

No, just the undated one."

you seemed to say that
has not been changed (although they both are undated), but further down

"TR> ... and
TR> 2. those have been changed/fixed:
TR> http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/DTD/svg10.dtd
TR> http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd

you said it has been changed. (correct since it's filename doesn't have
a date)

> svg10.dtd is an undated DTD. svg-yyyymmdd.dtd is a dated DTD.
> Yes, there are dates in the paths as well - not my choice.

I see; that's where the misunderstanding came from. Now it all makes
sense. Thanks again.