Re: xlink

From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@pinkjuice.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 2003 12:41:26 +0200
To: www-svg@w3.org
CC: Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWeese@kodak.com>, Sigurd Lerstad <sigler@bredband.no>

Thomas DeWeese wrote:

 >    I'm not sure I agree with Dean, because in the erratum it
 > specifies:
 >
 > <!ENTITY % xlinkRefAttrs "xmlns:xlink CDATA #FIXED
 > 'http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink'
 >
 >    Since xlinkRefAttrs is present on all the relevant elements it sets
 > the xmlns:xlink
 > correctly.  So if the document specifies the SVG DTD then it does not
 > need to
 > provide xmlns:xlink,

There is an old version of the DTD which has the bug Dean mentions, and
a newer, fixed version.

Also see
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2003Mar/thread.html#26
eg the last paragraphs of
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-svg/2003Mar/0034.html

When using the old version of the DTD (eg before the fix), we had to
declare it manually.

 > if it does not specify the SVG DTD then it must
 > provide all
 > the appropriate namespace specifications (SVG's for example).

Yes, all prefixes used must be declared (there must be a namespace name
(eg URI) supplied for all namespaces present, thus for each prefix, and
for the default namespace if non-null).

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/