xsvg implementation status (was: Re: SVG 1.2 General feedback)

On Nov 20, Vadim Plessky wrote:
 > On Wednesday 20 November 2002 3:38 pm, Tobias Reif wrote:
 > |  is this cworth@handhelds.org ?
 >
 > Carl Worth <cworth@east.isi.edu>, at least that's an address I am
 > aware of.

That's me in both cases.

 > |  Perhaps you or Carl want to submit result tables for inclusion in the
 > |  result table for SVG1.1? (I'm not sure what the requirements are though;
 > |  perhaps there needs to be some release ... but since the code seems to
 > |  be available via CVS, it should be OK)

There's not a whole lot to show for xsvg yet. The results at:

 > |  >        http://keithp.com/~cworth/svg/conformance/

contain everything that currently passes. The group rendering is
probably the only really interesting piece that's there already. xsvg
does have good low-level support for stroked splines, (courtesy of
Xr), but there's some little bug up above preventing those tests from
passing.

Beyond that, xsvg is still very incomplete. No gradients yet, and most
of the text support is missing.

 > |  > * xsvg is X-based (XFree86-based) viewer/renderer using libsvg and
 > |  > libxrsvg.
 > |
 > |  Is there a homepage for this viewer?

Nothing yet. I'll put something together before I make an initial
release of xsvg.

The xsvg release won't happen until I make an initial release of
Xr/Xc. Xr is probably ready as is, but Xc needs to be fleshed out so
that all of this rendering will work on X servers that don't have the
RENDER extension, (or have an old RENDER extension). So my efforts
will focus on Xc for now, then I'll bubble back out to libsvg and
xsvg.

 > |  Again: it would be great to see an xsvg column in the SVG1.1 test suite
 > |  results table (to be linked from
 > |  http://www.w3.org/Graphics/SVG/Test/ )

When I've got a web-page and at least an initial release I think that
would be fine.

-Carl

--
Carl Worth