Re: SVG 1.2 XForms integration

From: "Robin Berjon" <robin.berjon@expway.fr>
> Niklas Gustavsson wrote:
> > I think that SVG rendering and behavior should be an extension to
XForms.
> > XForms should be fully useful directly mixed with SVG without any extra
> > work. With extra work you can change and extend the looks of the forms
> > control. I belive this is best done using scripting since creating fully
> > functional widgets with a declerative syntax will add much complexity to
> > SVG.
>
> How do you see the declarative syntax as being (too) complex? Do you need
much
> more information (given a simple situation) than some mention that XForm
> component foo is rendered by some SVG component?

No, not in the XForms part. But how would you define this component in SVG?
I think defining these would be simpler with a script then using a
declerative syntax. But please feel free to prove me wrong :-)

> I'm not at all against script,
> but I like the idea of being able to achieve the same thing in markup,
which is
> easier to generate using XSLT.

I very much agree that a declarative syntax is nicer then script for most
cases. However, it quickly get's really complicated.

Also, I think that it would be a fairly uncommon task to create widget looks
and behavior (content comes from XForms) with XSL-T. But again, I might be
totally wrong :-)

/niklas